Nitric acid HNO3
The molecular weight is 63.01
The melting point is -50o F
The boiling point is anywhere between 181-245o F
Nitric acid is in a liquid state at room temperature.
It is molecular.
The molecular geometry is a triganal planar.
Some uses of this molecule is
- Lab reagent
- used to make explosives (nitroglycerin and trinitrotoluene)
- used as a matix conpound for determining metal traces in solutions
- oxidizer in liquid fuel rockets
- preparation of fertilizers
- used in the manufacture of chemicals
Some other useful information is
- gives of red or yellow choking fumes in moist air