- Formula - HCl
- Molecular Weight - 36.47 amu
- Melting Point - 26 degrees C
- Boiling Point - 48 degrees C (20.2% solution) and 110 degrees C (38% solution)
- State at Room Temperature - liquid
- Molecular or Ionic Compound? ionic
- Molecular Geometry - bent
- Bond Description - covalent bonds
- Uses - production of chlorides, fertilizers, and dyes. Used in the photography, texile, and rubber industries.
Hydrochloric acid is extremely corrosive and can burn the skin on contact. It is also found in stomach acid.
page revision: 0, last edited: 15 Jan 2008 03:26