- melting point: 160 degrees Celsius or 320 degrees Farenheit
- Boiling point: no info. given
- Molecular weight: 158.17
- side effects: nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, constipation, dry mouth or increased thirst, or urinating more than usual.
- Chemical formula: CA(CH3COO)2
- Its uses: used for kidney disease to control blood phosphate;the calcium acetate binds phosphate in the ddiet to lower blood phosphate levels. It's also used in as a food additive, mainly in candy products. It is an inorganic salt.
- molecular geometry: 2 bent pairs
- is it a molecular or ionic compound: ionic compound
- state at room temp.: solid
- bond description: has 2 sets of double bonds and the rest are single;has no triple bonds
page revision: 2, last edited: 14 Jan 2008 04:45